Negosyo Center is a one-stop-shop for services that caters to the entrepreneurs’ need in processing requirements to establish a business, and in accessing information essential for their growth.
Republic Act No. 10644 otherwise known as “Go Negosyo Act”, it seeks to strengthen micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) to create more job opportunities in the country. The Act was signed into law by President Benigno S. Aquino III on July 15, 2014. The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) likewise issued Department Administrative Order No. 14-5 series of 2014: “Implementing Rules and Regulations for Republic Act No. 10644”.
The establishment of the Centers is a provision in the Go Nesgosyo Act wherein the DTI has been given the key responsibility and challenge of establishing Negosyo Centers in all provinces, cities and municipalities nationwide.
SALIENT FEATURES OF RA 10644 “GO NEGOSYO ACT”
1. The law seeks to promote “job generation and inclusive growth through the development of MSMEs” in the country;
2. Establishment of “Negosyo Centers” in all provinces, cities and municipalities to promote “ease of doing business and facilitate access to services for MSMEs within its jurisdiction”.
3. Technology transfer, production and management training. As well as marketing assistance for MSMEs;
4. Establishment of a Philippine Business registry Databank under the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) to serve as a database of all business enterprises in the country;
5. Establishment of a Start-up Fund for MSMEs “to provide financing for the development and promotion of SMEs in priority sectors of the economy to be sourced from the MSME Development Fund and the BMBE Fund; and,
6. Re-composition of the MSME Development Council and its additional functions.
SERVICES OFFERED BY THE NEGOSYO CENTER
Provide MSMES advisory services tailored according to their needs through one-on-one consultation, focus group discussion and coaching/mentoring.
Access to Market. Promote efficient marketing of local products and services thru market matching, trade fairs and exhibits participation;
Access to Finance. Assist in packaging loans and links MSMEs to appropriate financing institutions;
Product Development. Provide counseling for the development and improvement of products and packages; and,
Investment Promotion. Match local proponents with potential investors.
2.BUSINESS REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE
Facilitate processing and documentation of paper requirements necessary for the establishment of micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Facilitate the processing of registration for Business Name (BN and Barangay Micro Business Enterprises (BMBE).
- Coordinate with local government units (LGUs) and liaise with concerned government agencies to process the duly accomplished forms submitted by the MSMEs.
3.BUSINESS INFORMATION ADVOCACY
Conduct trainings, seminars and dialogue to increase MSMEs’ productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct regular trainings, seminars and dialogues related to entrepreneurial management, marketing, productivity and government programs; and
- Provide economic, technical, market and investments related information through publications.