• If the petitioner is not related to the document owner, special power of attorney is required;
• Submit PSA (NSO) copy of certificate to be corrected
• Submit at least two (2) documentary evidence such as:
a. Baptismal certificate
b. Permanent School record (Form 137)
c. Voter’s record
d. Old Passport
e. GSIS/Philhealth/SSS Member Record
f. Birth/Marriage Cert (parents,children, sibling)
g. Other Medical examinations
• For change of name/sex/date of birth, additional document has to be submitted such as:
- NBI & Police Clearance
- Employer Certification of no pending civil/administrative case or Affidavit of non-employment or self employment
- Government Doctor’s medical certification (for correction of sex)
• Pay the following:
- Filing fee for correction of clerical error, or Php 1,000.00
- Filing fee for change of first name/correction of sex, date of birth: Php 3,000.00
- For Newspaper publication (2 consecutive weeks)
(for change of name, correction of sex, day/month of birth only): Php 2,000.00
- Payment for courier (LBC/JRS): Php 210.00
- Service Fee: Php 100.00
- Certified copy of certificate: Php 50.00
• Posting of petition for 10 days is required before it shall be granted.
• Granted petition and all documentary evidence shall be forwarded to the Civil Registrar General (CRG) for approval. Waiting time will be 2-3 months.
• Once affirmed, Certificate of Finality will be issued to the petitioner. This will be submitted by petitioner to PSA (NSO) Sta Mesa, Manila for his/her request for certificate with remarks of correction.
• If is impugned, petitioner shall submit new evidence and file motion for reconsideration. Expect same waiting period for approval.